1. We moved our family 2000 miles across country to be next to family and friends and back to our stomping grounds where Trent and I fell in love. It feels so good to be HOME.
2. We purchased a house that we (almost) LOVE! Well, we love the neighborhood, the part of town we are in, and the fact that we can see the Milky Way from our front porch, but we are working on the house part. Living in the country, a stones throw away from the city, has done wonders for our souls.
3. Most importantly, we are all happy and healthy, finally adjusted from this HUGE move our family made, and we are seeing promising options for the year ahead and eager to finish the work on this house.
Install a fence Build a fort for the boys Replace the front door lights Pressure wash the deck
- Reenforce the deck structure
- Grade the soil away from the house.
- Replace our Hershey’s Kisses Trees with Birch trees?
- Plant more greenery
- Clean up the beds and eliminate the dated shrubbery
- Put topiaries on either side of door
- Do something with the driveway/walkway
- Build a side yard Fire Pit
- Trees, trees, trees!
Paint walls, ceiling, and dental moulding Replace Flooring Purchase New Sofas Create a Gallery Wall leading up the stairs Paint interior of front door
- Paint fireplace and update Mantel
- Close door to secret bathroom and convert to a second master closet.
- New area rug for Den
- Add chicken wire to entertainment center doors
Paint walls, ceiling, and dental moulding Build a pass through to the kitchen Replace floors Paint Table and Chairs Change out the bookcase to a hutch
- Find the perfect area rug (still deciding on this one – I love the ease of sweeping up after my messy boys and may just leave the floor bare for a while)
Paint Raise Kitchen Cabinets Replace countertops Upgrade Faucet Replace appliances Install beadboard backsplace Paint cabinets Change hardware and spray paint hinges Create a coffee nook Add Shelves behind the door Add ledge over kitchen window(add cafe curtains?)
- Replace the flooring
- Remodel the pantry
Paint walls , ceiling and trim Replace floors Buy more bedding Hang curtains
- Hang some art / wall decor
Paint walls, ceiling and shower area Replace floors Paint cabinets Replace Shower Curtain Change hardware Add a window treatment
- Add a rug
- Frame mirror and install a medicine hutch
- Replace countertop and faucets
- Frost the window
- Replace Shower Stall and Toilet (lofty and expensive, I know!)
Paint walls, ceiling and trim Paint existing cabinets
- Replace Floor
- Move the Water Heater to the Garage
- Replace Door to Garage to insulated door.
- Hide the electrical panel
- Create a mud room feel
- Add a more interesting light
- Find a runner
- Concrete the 1/2 bath counter
- Add plank wall to 1/2 bath
Paint 1/2 bath cabinet base.
- Paint/Decorate Boys Rooms
- Replace carpet
- Create a Den for my home office and boys TV room.
- Paint Walls
- Paint Tile Floor in bathtub area
- Find artwork
Recording Studio (0% complete)
- Paint walls and ceiling
- Hang Sound Panels
- Make a Faux Brick Wall
- Purchase Chairs or Sofa for seating
Miscellaneous (0% complete)
- Replace Windows
- Replace Garage Doors